RETAIL ROUND-UP (APRIL 2014)
Hudson’s Bay 2013 Q4 same store sales hike 6.6%
Hudson’s Bay Company reported results for the 13-week and 52-week periods ended February 1, 2014 (the “fourth quarter” and “Fiscal 2013″, respectively). The fourth quarter and Fiscal 2013 were characterized by strong sales growth at Hudson’s Bay and Saks. Lord & Taylor same store sales slightly declined.
2013 Q4 Highlights
- Consolidated same store sales grew 6.6%, or 2.1% excluding the impact of foreign exchange, from the comparable 13-week period of Fiscal 2012.
- Hudson’s Bay grew 5.2%.
- Lord & Taylor declined 1.3% on a U.S. dollar basis.
- Saks grew 3.1% on a U.S. dollar basis.
- Digital sales were $252.3 million, reflecting both the acquisition of Saks and strong organic growth of 59% from the comparable 13-week period at the Lord & Taylor and Hudson’s Bay banners.
Kevin Price named President of Rubenstein RB Digital Inc.
March 2014 - Rubenstein Brothers announced a change in corporate name to Rubenstein RB Digital Inc. with the appointment of Kevin Price as President and partner of this successful enterprise in its 150th year.
At the company’s annual meeting held on March 11, 2014 in Winnipeg, Jeremy Becker, outgoing President, handed over the baton to Kevin Price and his management team, including Bill Dean, partner and regional Director for Western Canada. Kevin Price opened the Rubenstein Vancouver sales office in 1995 and was previously the Western Sales Manager. (more…)
PICS / Promo Expo Roadshow Series is Underway
March 2014 - The 2014 Promotional Idea & Concept Show and Promo Expo Spring Roadshows kicked off in Ontario last week with stops in London, Kitchener and Burlington.
These events are hosted by Modern Flare Sales and PRG Multi-line. For more information, please contact Modern Flare Sales, (905) 760-9333.
This series will continue over the next three months with the following city stops:
- March 4 – MISSISSAUGA (Capitol Banquet Hall)
- March 5 – CONCORD (Bellvue Manor)
- March 6 – MARKHAM (Markham Conference Centre)
- April 2 – OTTAWA (Centurion Conference Centre)
- April 3 – PETERBOROUGH (Holiday Inn Peterborough)
- May 21 – SUDBURY (Holiday Inn Sudbury)
- May 22 – NORTH BAY (Davedi Club)
- May 23 – BARRIE (Barrie Country Club)
Bauer Performance Sports to Acquire Easton Baseball/Softball for US $330 Million
RETAIL NEWS: February 2014 - Bauer Performance Sports Ltd. (TSX:BAU), has entered into a definitive asset purchase agreement with Easton-Bell Sports to acquire the Easton Baseball/Softball business for US $330 million in an all-cash transaction, subject to a working capital adjustment. The purchase agreement was unanimously approved by both companies’ boards of directors and is expected to close in approximately 30-60 days, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. (more…)